Become an Arizona Notary Public
The Notary Department of the Arizona Secretary of State requires all applicants for Notary Public to be at least 18 years of age, an Arizona resident, and should not have been convicted of any felony charges.
To become a notary public in Arizona, you must complete the following steps:
1. Read the Arizona Notary Public Reference Manual. You must read this manual to familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of an Arizona Notary Public.
2. Fill out the application form.
3. Buy a four-year notary bond worth $5,000. When purchasing the bond, make sure to have it in duplicate form. One original copy to you and the other one for the Secretary of State.
4. Pay the $25.00 application fee plus $18.00 notary bond filing fee. You have to pay a total of $43.00 through check or money order made payable to "Secretary of State".
5. Submit all the required document via mail or walk in to:
Arizona Secretary of State
Business Services, Notary Section
1700 W. Washington Street, 7th Fl., Phoenix, AZ 85007-2888
6. Wait for the Secretary of State’s Notary Department to mail your commission certificate.
Term of Office
An Arizona Notary Public's term of office is four (4) years.
Arizona Notary Fees
As an Arizona Notary Public, these are the fees for notarizations and other notarial acts:
$2.00 for first signer
For administering an oath or affirmation without a signature
For a certified copy
For a jurat, for each signature on the affidavit
Superior Justice Courts have a different fee schedule.
Find a Notary in Arizona
The Arizona Secretary of State's website provides a Notary Public System for searching notaries public. You can also use FindNotary to easily find a notary in Arizona. If you’re already a notary public yourself, you can list yourself for free to FindNotary’s nationwide database of notaries public.
- Arizona Notary Public Services
- Arizona Notary Public Bond
- Arizona Notary Classes, Training and Handbooks
- Arizona Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become an Arizona Notary, visit Arizona Notary Public's website at http://www.azsos.gov/notary/. You can also contact their office at (602) 542-6187 or visit them at 1700 W. Washington, 7th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85007.