Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Colorado
Become a Colorado Notary Public
To be appointed and commissioned as a notary public in the State of Colorado, it is important that you first understand the notary duties and responsibilities that are included in this position.
As a prospective Colorado Notary Public, you must comply with the following requirements:
- At least 18 years of age
- A resident of the State of Colorado
- Knows how to read and write English
- Knowledgeable with the Notary Law in Colorado
- Should not have a record of felony or misdemeanor involving dishonesty
- Read the Notaries Public Act
After meeting all of the qualifications, follow the steps below on how to become a Colorado Notary Public:
1. Attend a notary public training that is approved by the Secretary of State. You can find a list of vendors at their Approved Vendors list.
2. Complete and passed the notary public exam.
4. Print the application form.
5. Bring your application to a notary and sign it in front of that notary.
6. Submit via mail or walk-in your application together with copies of acceptable identification (both sides), certificate of notary training, and certificate of notary exam to:
Colorado Secretary of State
1700 Broadway, Suite 200
Denver, CO 80290
7. Check your email inbox (and spam folder) for a message from the Secretary of State containing your notary ID and password. Save all the information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties or powers as a notary public in Colorado includes administration of oaths and affirmations, copy certifications, and acknowledgments.
Term of Office
The length of a Colorado Notary Public's commission is four (4) years.
Colorado Notary Fees
As a Colorado Notary Public, these are the fees for notarizations and other notarial acts:
Oaths & Affirmations
Find a Notary in Colorado
- Colorado Notary Public Services
- Colorado Notary Classes, Training and Handbooks
- Colorado Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Colorado Notary, visit Colorado Notary Public's website at http://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/notary/notaryHome.html. You can also contact them at (303) 894-2200 x9500 or visit their office at 1700 Broadway, Ste 200, Denver, Colorado 80290.