Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Connecticut
Become a Connecticut Notary Public
In applying for an appointment as a notary public in the State of Connecticut only requires you to be at least 18 years old, a legal resident of the state, and has not been convicted of a crime or felony.
If you meet all of the required qualifications, you can then proceed to follow the steps outlined below:
1. Read and familiarize yourself with the Connecticut Notary Public Manual.
2. Complete the application form.
3. Pay $120.00 for the application fee with a check or money order made payable to "Secretary of State".
4. Passed the written examination, which is included in the application form.
5. Mail all the documents to:
Notary Public Unit
Office of the Secretary of the State
State of Connecticut
PO Box 150470
Hartford, CT 06115-0470
6. Wait for your Certificate of Appointment, which is going to be mailed by the Secretary of State's office.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Connecticut Notary Public can perform his/her duties in the entire state. You are given the power to administer oaths, issue subpoenas, take depositions, and take acknowledgments. Please refer to the Notary Public Manual for a detailed information of your powers as notary public.
Term of Office
The Secretary of State appoints each notary public in Connecticut a term of five (5) years.
Connecticut Notary Fees
As a Connecticut Notary Public, these are the fees for notarizations and other notarial acts:
Find a Notary in Connecticut
The Connecticut Secretary of State's website doesn't currently have an online system for searching notaries public. You can use FindNotary to easily find a notary in Connecticut by using our large database of public notaries in the entire United States.
- Connecticut Notary Public Services
- Connecticut Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Connecticut Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Connecticut Notary, visit Connecticut Notary Public's website at http://www.ct.gov/sots/cwp/view.asp?a=3184&q=392266. You can also contact them at (860) 509-6200 or visit their office at 30 Trinity Street, Hartford, Connecticut 06106.