Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Georgia
Become a Georgia Notary Public
The Georgia Secretary of State has already transferred all obligations regarding Notaries Public to the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority (GSCCCA). To apply as a Georgia Notary Public, you may process your application in your county's Clerk of Superior Court.
As notary public applicant in Georgia, you must meet all the requirements listed below:
- At least 18 years of age
- A resident of, or employee in, the State of Georgia
- Should not have been charged with major convictions
- Able to read and write the English language
- Endorsed by two (2) residents of your county; who are both at least 18 years old and not related to you
If you meet all the qualifications above, you may proceed with the following steps on how to become a Georgia Notary Public:
1. Fill out the application form provided by the Clerk of Superior Court in your county.
2. Follow all the instructions and procedures given by the Clerk.
3. Pay the required application fee.
4. If approved, the Clerk will give you a certificate of appointment.
5. The Clerk forwards your appointment to the GSCCCA. The GSCCCA will then send your official notary identification card and your appointment term.
Term of Office
A Georgia Notary Public is given a term of four (4) years from the date of the commission.
Georgia Notary Fees
As a Georgia Notary Public, these are your fees for notarizations and other notarial acts:
Oaths & Affirmations
Please see the state notary division website.
Find a Notary in Georgia
The GSCCCA provides an online notary index where you can search for active notaries. If you're having problem using GSCCCA's online tool, you should use FindNotary for an easier way to find a notary in Georgia.
- Georgia Notary Public Services
- Georgia Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Georgia Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Georgia Notary, visit the Georgia Notary Public website at http://sos.georgia.gov/administration/notary.htm. You may also contact them at (404) 327-6023, or visit their office at 1875 Century Boulevard, Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30345.