Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Idaho
Become an Idaho Notary Public
The Secretary of State is the one who appoints and commissions notaries public in the state of Idaho. To apply as one, you must be at least 18 years of age, a legal resident of or employed in the state, no major convictions, and able to read and write the English language.
If you meet all the required qualifications, you can follow the steps provided below.
Steps to become an Idaho Notary Public
1. Fill out the application form. You can download the form, which is attached at the last page of the Idaho Notary Public Handbook. Your signature on the applications should be notarized.
2. Before submitting your application, make sure to get a rubber stamp seal and a notary bond. You should stamp your seal, which contains ONLY the words: "Notary Public", "State of Idaho" and your name on the application form. Sample seals are included in page 29 of the handbook.
3. Get a $10,000 notary bond from a bonding or surety company.
4. Include a filing fee of $30.00 with your application. If you're a state county, city or district employee, you are exempted from paying the filing fee.
5. Mail your application together with the filing fee and signed bond to:
Secretary of State
PO Box 83720
450 N 4th Street
Boise ID 83720-0080
Duties and Responsibilities
An Idaho Notary Public is given the right to perform various notarial acts, which includes taking acknowledgments, administer oaths or affirmations, and certify copies.
Term of Office
The Secretary of State appoints an Idaho Notary Public for a term of six (6) years.
Idaho Notary Fees
As an Idaho Notary Public, these are your fees for notarizations and other notarial acts:
Oaths & Affirmations
Find a Notary in Idaho
If you want to look for notary public information, the Idaho Secretary of State offers a notary public online search. For a much easier way to find a notary in Idaho, you can use FindNotary. We have the largest directory for notary public, mobile notaries, and notary services for Idaho and the entire United States.
- Idaho Notary Public Services
- Idaho Notary Public Bond
- Idaho Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Idaho Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become an Idaho Notary, visit the Idaho Notary Public website at http://www.sos.idaho.gov/notary/npindex.htm. You can also contact them at (208) 332-2810, or visit their office at 450 North 4th Street, Boise, Idaho 83720.