Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Louisiana
Become a Louisiana Notary Public
The Notary Division in the Louisiana Secretary of State's Office is responsible for maintaining all records of notaries public commissions in Louisiana. If this is your first time to apply, it is recommended that you read The Fundamentals of Louisiana Notarial Law and Practice.
Requirements to become a notary public in Louisiana:
- At least 18 years old
- A resident or alien in the State of Louisiana
- Good moral character, integrity, and sober habits
- A registered voter in the parish of residence
Steps to become a Louisiana Notary Public:
1. Complete the Application to Qualify for Appointment as Notary Public and Examination Registration Form. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
2. Prepare a $25.00 application fee, $75.00 exam registration fee, and $35 commission filing fee via check or money order made payable to "Secretary of State".
3. Take the notary examination.
4. Once you passed the exam, submit the following documents along with the filing fee to the Secretary of State's Office:
- Two (2) Original Oaths of Office
- Official Signature page
- Surety or Personal surety bond in the amount of $10,000
5. Wait for your notary commission.
Louisiana Notary Fees
There is no schedule of fees that a notary public in Louisiana must charge.
Find a Notary in Louisiana
A notary search page has been provided by the Louisiana Secretary of State. If you are looking for an easier way to find a notary in Louisiana, you can use FindNotary. We have the largest directory for notary public, mobile notaries, and notary services for Louisiana and the entire United States.
- Louisiana Notary Public Services
- Louisiana Notary Public Bond
- Louisiana Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Louisiana Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Louisiana Notary, visit the Louisiana Notary Public website at http://www.sos.la.gov/tabid/70/default.aspx. You can also contact them at (225) 922-0507, or visit their office at Twelve United Plaza, 8585 Archives Ave., Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809.