Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Minnesota
Become a Minnesota Notary Public
The Minnesota Secretary of State is the one responsible for appointing notaries public in the State of Minnesota. As a first time applicant, you are recommended to read the Minnesota Notary Public Laws, which you can purchase through the Minnesota's Bookstore.
Requirements to become a notary public in Minnesota:
- At least 18 years old
- A legal Minnesota resident or a resident in the state of Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota or Wisconsin
- Able to read and write the English language
- Should have no major convictions
Steps to become a Minnesota Notary Public:
1. Download and complete the notary application form. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
2. Pay the $120.00 commission fee via check or money order made payable to "Office of the Secretary of State".
3. Mail your application together with the fee to:
Minnesota Secretary of State
Notary Retirements Systems of Minnesota Building
60 Empire Drive, Suite 100
St. Paul, MN 55103
4. If your application is approved, the Secretary of State will mail your commission certificate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Each notary public in Minnesota is given the power to perform notarial services like witnessing signatures, attesting to copies of documents, certifying documents, and other notarial acts.
Term of Office
The Minnesota Secretary of State gives each notary public a term of five (5) years.
Minnesota Notary Fees
As a notary public in Minnesota, these are the fees for notarial services and other notarial acts:
Oaths & Affirmations
$1.00 and $1.00 for each notice with copy
20 cents per folio
Recording Instruments (Documents)
$1.00 per document
Find a Notary in Minnesota
The Notary Department has provided an online tool for searching active or inactive notaries public in Minnesota. For an easier way in finding a notary in Minnesota, use FindNotary. We have the largest directory for notary public, mobile notaries, and notary services for Minnesota and the entire United States.
- Minnesota Notary Public Services
- Minnesota Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Minnesota Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Minnesota Notary, visit the Minnesota Notary Public website at http://www.sos.state.mn.us/index.aspx?page=1472. You can also contact them at (651) 296-2803, or visit their office at 60 Empire Drive, Suite 100, St Paul, Minnesota 55103.