Become an Oregon Notary Public
Notaries public appointments and commissions in the State of Oregon are processed in the Secretary of State's Corporation Division. For new applicants, it is important to review the Oregon Notary Public Guide to properly familiarize yourself with the duties and responsibilities of a notary public.
Requirements to become a notary public in Oregon:
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Of good moral character
- An Oregon resident, or employed in Oregon but residing in California, Idaho, Nevada, or Washington
- Able to speak, read, and write the English language
- No major convictions
Steps to become an Oregon Notary Public:
1. Take the 3-hour Notary Training Course.
2. Complete the Notary Application Form and the attached Open Book Examination. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
3. Prepare a $40.00 fee payable to "State of Oregon".
4. Mail or deliver the completed application, exam, and fee to:
Secretary of State Corporation Division
Attn: Notary Section
255 Capitol Street NE, Suite 151
Salem, OR 97310-1327
5. Once your application is approved, a Notary Commission Packet will be mailed to you by the Secretary of State's Office.
Term of Office
The term of office for an Oregon Notary Public is four (4) years.
Oregon Notary Fees
As a notary public in Oregon, these are the fees for notarial services and other notarial acts:
Please check the Oregon Secretary of State's website
Oaths & Affirmations
Witnessing or Attesting a Signature
Authentications with Apostilles
Authenticating a Vital Record
Sorry, please see the Oregon center for health statistics.
Authenticating a Transcript or Diploma
$10 per apostille
Find a Notary in Oregon
The Oregon Secretary of State has provided a list of notaries public in each county in Oregon. For an easier way of searching a notary in Oregon, use FindNotary. We have the largest directory for notary public, mobile notaries, and notary services for Oregon and the entire United States.
- Oregon Notary Public Services
- Oregon Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Oregon Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become an Oregon Notary, visit the Oregon Notary Public website at http://www.filinginoregon.com/pages/notary/. You can also contact them at (503) 986-2200, or visit their office at 255 Capitol St NE, Ste 151, Salem, Oregon 97310.