Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Pennsylvania
Become a Pennsylvania Notary Public
On behalf of the Pennsylvania Department of State, the Division of Legislation and Notaries is the one responsible for appointing notaries public in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If it is your first time to apply as a notary public, you are recommended to read the Pennsylvania Notary Public Booklet.
To qualify as notary public in Pennsylvania, you must be at least 18 years of age; a resident or an employee in the State of Pennsylvania; of good moral character; and no major convictions.
Steps to become a Pennsylvania Notary Public:
1. Complete the mandatory 3-hour Notary Education requirement within six months prior to your application.
2. Fill out the Notary Public Application Form. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
3. Prepare a $40.00 fee via check or money order made payable to "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania".
4. Submit all the required documents and fee to:
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania - Department of State
Division of Commissions, Legislation and Notaries
210 North Office Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120
5. Once your application is approved, the Secretary of the Commonwealth will send a notice of appointment with additional instructions on how to complete your appointment.
Alternatively, you can also take the Pennsylvania Online Notary Application.
Term of Office
Each notary public in Pennsylvania is given a commission term of four (4) years.
Pennsylvania Notary Fees
As a notary public in Pennsylvania, these are your fees for notarial services and other notarial acts:
$5.00 for the first signature and $2.00 for each additional name
$3.00 per page
Oaths & Affirmations
$3.00 per page
Verifications upon Oath
$5.00 per verification
Find a Notary in Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Department of State has provided an online notary page for searching notaries public. You can also use FindNotary for a less complicated way of finding a notary in Pennsylvania. We have the largest directory for notary public, mobile notaries, and notary services for Pennsylvania and the entire United States.
- Pennsylvania Notary Public Services
- Pennsylvania Notary Public Bond
- Pennsylvania Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Pennsylvania Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Pennsylvania Notary, visit the Pennsylvania Notary Public website at http://www.dos.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/notaries/12609. You can also contact them at (717) 787-5280, or visit their office at 210 North Office Building, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17120.