Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Rhode Island
Become a Rhode Island Notary Public
The Secretary of State and Governor of the State of Rhode Island are responsible for the appointment of notaries public. For first time candidates, it is important to read the Standards of Conduct for Notaries Public in the State of Rhode Island.
Requirements to become a notary public in Rhode Island:
- At least 18 years of age or older
- A resident and registered voter of Rhode Island
- Good moral character
- Able to speak, read, and write English
Steps to become a Rhode Island Notary Public:
1. Complete the Notary Application Form. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
2. Verify your residency and voter eligibility by taking your application to your town or city's Board of Canvassers.
3. Prepare an $80.00 filing fee via check made payable to "Secretary of State".
4. Submit the completed application with filing fee to:
Office of Secretary of State
Notary Public Section
100 North Main St.
Providence, RI 02903-1335
5. Once your application is approved, the Secretary of State's Office will mail your notary commission.
Term of Office
The Rhode Island Secretary of State appoints notaries public for a term of four (4) years.
Rhode Island Notary Fees
As a notary public in Rhode Island, these are the fees for your notarial services and other notarial acts:
Oaths & Affirmations
No set fee
$2.00 and $1.25 per notice
$1.00 and $1.50 to record the protest
Certificates of Authentication
Find a Notary in Rhode Island
The notary public database provided by the Secretary of State will help you out in your search for a commissioned notary. FindNotary, on the other hand, offers an easier way to find a notary in Rhode Island. We have the largest directory for notary public, mobile notaries, and notary services for Rhode Island and the entire United States.
- Rhode Island Notary Public Services
- Rhode Island Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Rhode Island Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Rhode Island Notary, visit the Rhode Island Notary Public website at http://sos.ri.gov/business/notary/. You can also contact them at (401) 222-3040, or visit their office at 148 West River Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02904.