Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Utah
Become a Utah Notary Public
The Office of the Lieutenant Governor in the State of Utah is the one responsible for appointing notaries public in Utah. For first time applicants, you are required to download and read the Utah Notary Public Study Guide in preparation for your notary exam.
Requirements to become a notary public in Utah:
- At least 18 years of age
- A Utah resident for at least 30 days before the application
- Able to speak, read, and write the English language
- No felony convictions
Steps to become a Utah Notary Public:
1. Prepare for the notary test by reviewing the notary study guide.
2. Complete the Notary Application Form and take the Notary Exam. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
3. Prepare $45.00 for the application fee and $30.00 for the exam fee. Your test is automatically submitted after payment.
4. After passing the exam, print your application.
5. Have your application signed by two Utah residents who are 18 years or older.
6. Secure a $5,000 notary bond from an insurance or surety company.
7. Submit all the required documents to:
Utah State Capitol
P.O. Box 142325
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
8. Once the Lieutenant Governor's Office approves your application, you will receive your Certificate of Authority of Notary Public.
Term of Office
Each notary public in Utah is granted a term of four (4) years in office.
Utah Notary Fees
As a notary public in Utah, these are your fees for notarial services and other notarial acts:
$5.00 per signature
$5.00 per page certified
$5.00 per signature
Oaths and Affirmations without signatures
$5.00 per set
Find a Notary in Utah
The Office of the Lieutenant Governor has provided an online notary application for searching active notaries public in Utah. For an easier way of finding a notary in Utah, you can use FindNotary. We have the largest directory for notary public, mobile notaries, and notary services for Utah and the entire United States.
- Utah Notary Public Services
- Utah Notary Public Bond
- Utah Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Utah Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Utah Notary, visit the Utah Notary Public website at http://notary.utah.gov/. You can also contact them at (801) 538-1041, or visit their office at Utah State Capitol, Notary Office, Suite 220, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114.