Browse Mobile Public Notaries By Metropolitan Area in Washington
Become a Washington Notary Public
The Department of Licensing is responsible for the appointment and commissioning of notaries public in Washington State. For first time applicants, you are recommended to read the Notaries Public Laws and Rules to fully understand the notary duties and responsibilities.
Requirements to become notary public in Washington:
- Be at least 18 years old
- A Washington State resident, or living in Idaho or Oregon but employed in the state
- Able to speak, read, and write English
- No major convictions
Steps to become a Washington Notary Public:
1. Complete the Notary Public Appointment Application Form. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
2. Secure a surety bond in the amount of $10,000 from a surety or insurance company.
3. Prepare an application fee of $30.00 via check or money order made payable to "Department of Licensing".
4. Mail all the documents and fee to:
Notary Public Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401
5. If you passed the application, wait for your Notary Public Certificate to be delivered by the Department of Licensing's Office.
Term of Office
Each notary public in Washington State is commissioned for a term of four (4) years.
Washington Notary Fees
As a notary public in Washington, these are your fees for notarial services and other notarial acts:
Acknowledgments or Verification upon Oath or Affirmation
Oaths & Affirmations
$10.00 plus $10,00 for being present upon demand, tender or deposit.
Certifying an Affidavit
Witnessing a Signature
Attesting a Signature
Find a Notary in Washington
FindNotary provides an easy way of searching for a notary in Washington. We have the largest directory for notary public, mobile notaries, and notary services for Washington and the entire United States.
- Washington Notary Public Services
- Washington Notary Public Bond
- Washington Notary Classes, Training, and Handbooks
- Washington Notary Seals and Supplies
For more information on how to become a Washington Notary, visit the Washington Notary Public website at http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/notary/. You can also contact them at (360) 664-1550, or visit their office at 405 Black Lake Blvd SW, Olympia, Washington 98502.